What you need:
- Cones to designate the playing area.
- A large ball (basketball/soccer ball).
- At least 1 tennis ball for each player.
How to play:
- Player 1 starts with the large ball and gently rolls it to a target 20m away.
- The rest of the players stand behind their line and throw their tennis balls at the larger ball to try to stop it from reaching the target.
- When all tennis balls have been thrown the players are allowed to collect them.
- Each player gets a turn at rolling the large ball.
- If a player is successful in hitting the large ball they are greeted with praise and applause.
- Change how the tennis balls are projected (thrown; rolled; kicked).
- For younger players the larger ball could be stationary and it could be used solely as target practice.
- Split the group into 2 teams and have them facing each other trying to get the large ball across each other’s line.
- Divide group into 4 even teams. Place teams on 4 sides of a square. All teams competing against each other to push the ball over an opposing team line.