What you need:
- Food labels/pictures (food labels from home or printed food labels off the computer).
- Area/space 10 – 20m length.
How to play:
- Students are split into relay teams (at least two, maybe more depending on the size of the group).
- A race track is laid out (roughly 20m).
- Students sit in their relay teams single file behind the ‘home’ line.
- The food labels/pictures are placed at the end of the track.
- Player 1 in each team runs to the pile of food labels/pictures collects a label and returns it to their team whilst giving the next player a high five.
- Player 2 repeats the process and this continues until all players in the team have collected a food label.
- Once all players have collected a label the team arranges them into correct food groups.
- Use different food groups (breakfast/lunch/dinner; sometimes/everyday).