What you need:
- No equipment is needed for Driving in the Gym.
- You may use the whole gym space or mark out a designated area within the gym.
How to play:
- Participants pretend they are cars driving in an anti-clockwise direction around the play area.
- The leader yells out a traffic instruction – this can be any of the following:
- Bumpy road (skipping)
- Narrow road (skip sideways)
- School zone (walk slowly)
- Road works (leap over the pot hole)
- Flat tyre (hopping)
- Highway driving (fast running)
- Out of fuel (sit on the spot)
- It’s raining – turn on the wipers (star jumps)
- Emergency (freeze)
- Bogged (jog on the spot)
- If a car breaks a traffic instruction or bumps into another car they will be pulled over by the police (the leader) and asked to sit out.
- The winner is the last car remaining.
- Allow one of the participants to be the leader calling instructions.
- Traffic infringements gain a ‘ticket’=braid etc., 3 ‘tickets’ and then you’re out.