What you need:
- An item that can be used as the ‘gold’ (a skittle/cone/ball).
How to play:
- One member of the group is nominated as the pirate and stands in front of the gold.
- The rest of the group creep toward the gold.
- Each time the pirate turns around the group must be still.
- If anybody moves when the pirate turns around they must sit out. The leader decides if anybody was moving.
- The winner is the first to steal the pirates gold, or, if nobody makes it to the gold without being seen, the pirate is the winner.
- Each player in the group gets a turn at being the pirate.
- Vary the movement toward the gold e.g. hopping/skipping/jumping.
- Ask players to freeze in different positions/balances.